Thursday 3 December 2015

Samurai Sailboat Tour - Whitsunday Islands

Sailing on the Whitsunday Islands was definitely at the top of my list of 'must sees' while in Australia. We booked a 3 day, 2 night tour on Samurai. There were 23 passengers, plus 3 crew members. The boat definitely wasn't huge, so it's a good thing we all got along. We slept on the boat both nights - me, Jennine and Sarah were especially lucky cause we got the spacious three person bed (basically a queen size). We felt so bad cause these two French guys had to share a "2 person" bed, comparable to a single bed (they ended up taking turns sleeping on the deck).
We got to go scuba diving again! (my first time was on the Great Barrier Reef). We saw so many cool fish and choral! My feet seem to consistently take a beating, this time I rubbed up on some choral (which, little did I know, is often made up of a thousand little knives), I thought I might have to amputate my toe, but thankfully one of the crew members, Shawn, graciously took time to carefully pull out all the little prickles. Praise God. Relief.
Day 2 we went to Whitehaven Beach, which has the worlds whitest sand! Seriously, the sand feels like flour between your toes. It's unreal. We spent the morning there - saw some Sting Rays and little sharks in the shallow water swimming right beside us. Honestly though, it felt like I was in a postcard. We climbed up on some rocks to gaze out upon the breathtaking view. We exfoliated our skin with the sand, and Sarah scrubbed her teeth with it (me and Jennine thought they were joking about that, but apparently it's a real thing).
Day 3 we got to snorkel with TURTLES! Another thing to cross off my list! It was such an epic experience, I even got to touch it! We had brunch then headed back to Airlie Beach *sniff*. I looooooved our time on Samurai, we had amazing weather (though not much wind for sailing), met some beautiful people, and the crew was hilarious. Couldn't have been better! You need to go to the Whitsundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment